Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mommy Home

I am home today with the boys. Nathan and Dalton say "Mommy home" and I think it is so cute. We've had fun being together today. This morning we read stories and played with play doh. They love play doh. I have some that I made a while back. It stays fresh for a while and it gives them a big glob to work with :)




This morning I put small pieces of apple in their pancakes and they loved it. Collin said he could "feel the apples on his teeth." Collin is on a major growth spurt right now. I've never seen the child eat so much. He is constantly saying he is hungry. For a change of pace, I ordered some pizza from Papa John's and we went and picked it up for our lunch. Pizza is always a big hit with the boys. I had to call Jim (who is in Philadephia again this week) to tell him that Collin ate 4 pieces of pizza! I told him we are in trouble when they become teenagers, we will have to do a "catering order" with the pizza companies and we won't be able to afford eating pizza out very much because we will have to buy so many!




If the sun would come out, it would be a georgeous day. It is 60 degrees outside and I've opened up the front door for some fresh air. It has been raining all day. When we went to town Collin asked where the sun was. He asked if it was hiding today and I told him I thought it was.


They are down now for nap. While they are napping I have to squeeze in my shower and make our tortellini soup for dinner tonight (as well as the usual chores of laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc.). With Jim gone there is little time for rest in order to keep up with this crew! :) Tonight I am teaching in Mission Friends at church and it will be the first night the twins will be in class so it should be interesting!


I'll leave you with this picture of Sassy bonding with Collin's white kitty. Can you tell which kitty is real? :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

OH MY 4 slices already! You are in for some serious grocery bills when they become teens.

Do those twins ever where clothes? :)

Have a great "Mommy Home" day! I wish I could be home too.

Annette said...

sharon, this is why my family never gets pizza anymore! (Unless its the frozen ones on sale at food lion) or Little Ceasers $6 pizzas. We never go out to eat anymore at Golden COrral costs over $60 for a family of 6!!!! Welcome to the club!!! hehehe

4Boys2Luv said...

Hey Jenn, we will see how many clothes your little Nathan wears when he starts feeding himself and is covered in food after each meal :) HEE HEE It gives me a whole lot less laundry that way, laundry for 6 people is overwhelming sometimes!! I had to laugh at your comment. Annette, don't you think Jennifer should have 4 children too to join the club? The 4 children club is a lot of work but a whole lot of joy :)