Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Tristan!

My first baby turned 8 today. These 8 years have flown by. I cannot believe in less than 8 more, he will be driving. My oldest boy is so incredibly sweet and loving. Here are some things that my first child has taught me:

- How I could love someone so completely and strongly as I've never loved another human before he came into this world

- How much pride could well up in my heart each time he accomplishes something. Big or small no matter. Just to look at him and see his individual strengths and personality is such a reward in life.

- How worry about one person's well being could be so consuming. Wanting the best for him. Wanting him to be the best he can be. Worry that I somehow don't measure up as a mom. That I have not taught him all that I should or shown him the best way to handle a difficult situation.

- He's taught me that life is full of many many options. So much more than when I was young. Activities and events that will help shape him. Help him learn what he loves, where his strengths are, how to fit in the world.

Tristan is such a special child. His genuine concern for others makes me so very proud. His heart is filled with compassion, laughter, and friendship. My hope for him is that he will remain as compassionate. That he will be an incredible father one day just like his daddy is to him. That he will continue in his walk with the Lord and grow in his faith. These and so many more hopes and dreams all tied into one little boy. Happy Birthday Son. We love you more than words can say.

No comments: