Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Missing You

It has been a sad week for the Davis family. We lost our sweet and dear neighbor, Mr. Welch. We celebrated his 103rd birthday with him in November (see earlier post) and I am so glad we were there with him. He was such an important part of our life and we will miss him dearly. I know beyond a shadow of doubt that he is with the Lord. I explained to the boys that this means he will never feel pain or sadness again and how glad Mr. Welch must be to see Jesus face to face. Collin tries to understand, but it is hard for a 4 year old. He asks if he will come back and tonight at bed he asked me where Mr. Welch was again. I spoke with Tristan's teacher today and she said that Tristan teared up in class yesterday when he told the class it was the day of Mr. Welch's funeral. The boys want to go to visit his gravesite this weekend so I will try to take them. Tristan was so young when my parents died, I don't think he really remembers much. I hope that as they grow that their faith will help them through times like these. I know that my faith certainly sustains me during the loss of loved ones.

I also lost my former mother-in-law in the past few weeks. She was like a second mom to me as she has been in my life since I was 15 years old. We were always very close and I greatly admired and cared for her. My life sure seems a lot different today without her and Mr. Welch around. They were both my mentors and my friends. Their wisdom, kindness, and support will surely be missed.

It has been a rough week for the boys as well as they miss their daddy dearly. We found out last night that Jim will not be able to come home this week as planned. He will not get to come home until late next week and then he will be leaving again the following week to go to Bermuda for three weeks. I know we are blessed for him having a job in these tough economic times and I try to maintain that focus. Pray for our family and others who must spend time apart. Time is something you can never get back. I hope that each of you treasures your time with family and friends. The bible says we are but a vapor, here for a little while but then gone. May each of you live your life in such a way that your legacy is as great as these two individuals that we have lost.

No comments: