Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Firsts

Today was Tristan's first day of third grade. I didn't remember to take a picture until after he was on the bus so no pictures of the momentus occasion :( He was only in school until 12:00. He had a great day though and is excited about the new year.

Our other "first" is Collin will be playing soccer for the first time this year. I think it will be a good sport for him to release that enormous amount of energy he has :) Here he is at the skills assessment. I told him Auntie will have to teach him some pointers as she was the soccer player in the family:



I'll end the post with some other "firsts." Here is my first ever fruit topped cake. A coworker saw a picture of a cake like this in a catalog and asked for one like it for her birthday. Here is the cake I made for her:



Another cake of the week was for a first birthday for a sweet baby named Zoey. I copied the ladybug design from her birthday party decorations. Her mom said she loved it as they had to try to take it away from her as she kept eating it!



1 comment:

Annette said...

I love the cakes! Especially the one with the fruit! Yummy!!!