Monday, January 18, 2010

The many misadventures of Dalton and Nathan

Today Doug and Brianna came over and it was good to see them again. We haven't had a chance to see them in a while. While they were over, the twins showed them their usual mischievious selves :) They turned a lamp on in my roon and managed to put a pull-up on top of the hot light bulb long enough to melt the pull-up onto the light bulb. I took the light bulb out to clean the melted goo off of it and while the light bulb was out of the lamp, they somehow managed to do something that caused the electrical breaker to switch off electricity to the electrical outlets in both bedrooms! Doug and Brianna then asked about some of our other adventures with them and I recounted a few of their stories. Some I'm not even sure I blogged about before because there are so many :) Like recently when we could not figure out why their toilet would not flush properly. Jim had to take the toilet totally out of the house to find a toothbrush lodged that one had tried to flush. Or the couple of times I have found toilet paper clogging the bathroom sink and the bathroom flooding.

Or the simple things like when we celebrated Thanksgiving at church and different folks stood up to say what they were thankful for. What did the twins keep saying? GOD MADE CHEESE! Pretty loudly so a few folks around us could hear and get a good chuckle. Then shortly thereafter when they both started wrestling in the aisle of the church and I struggled to break them up and get them out the door which was like wresting an octopus. That cracked an entire section of the church up as well. Life is never dull with the double trouble duo. They make me laugh, they make me smile, and sometimes, yes, they even make me pull my hair out! I wouldn't trade them for the world though. When they were born, I wasn't sure how in the world we would manage. Somehow we have though, some days better than others. They have taught me a lot about patience, about love, but mostly how to just laugh. See what having four kids does to you? Makes you lose a little of your mind ;)

No comments: