Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow!

We have snow! We are loving it. I had restocked all our groceries in prep for the storm so we have everything we need to be "snowed in" :) This morning we drove in Jim's truck (it's 4 wheel drive) to a hilly area down the road. The roads were not plowed and there were only one set of tracks on the road which we followed:



The boys loved sliding down hill. Of course my fair weather boys were cold after a few runs downhill though. Even I got in on the fun. When I came out dressed in my winter gear they told me I looked like a boy. Just what every mom wants to hear!

Here are some photos of our winter fun:










At the end of our sledding, the sleet was coming down pretty hard and stinging our faces. We decided to head home for some hot chocolate. We'll try to go out for a little this afternoon. I also have some fun craft activities planned for the afternon. I loved being snowed in. It gives us some great time together as a family.

No comments: