Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Our family is very blessed. Jim is such an incredible dad. He loves spending time with the kids. Our children will surely look back when they are adults and understand how fortunate they were to have such a good dad. My own memories of my father came back to me today. I thought of how proud he would have been to see how our family had grown. To see how happy we are, I know would have made him happy.

Today was Jim's first Father's day without his dad. I know how hard that first one is. Through the years the great memories replace your sorrow and you hold onto those memories and try to make certain your children learn as much as they can about their grandpa. If you are fortunate enough to have your Daddy in your life, give him a big hug and tell him every day how much you love him. There are some like Jim and I who are missing their dads and would give anything to have the opportunity you have today to love him and make more memories with him.

Our family made some great memories of our own this weekend. We had a great weekend just playing and spending time together as a family. It was very hot so we spent some time in the pool. Here are some photos of my "little fish":


Notice the squirt guns, they are "armed and dangerous" :)





We ended our evening by fishing and feeding the horses. Everyone should sleep good tonight!





No comments: