Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lightning Bugs/Fireflies

This post is for you Aunt Ty. The west coast doesn't have lightning bugs/fireflies and Aunt Ty has always wanted to visit when they are out so that she could see them. Well, because you couldn't be here tonight, we tried to take some pictures for you. The first is of a lightning bug that Collin caught:

(No lightning bugs were harmed during filming :))

The next two are of the bug lighting up:



I took some other pictures of the sunset and some of our flowers (complete with lots of weeds).

Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina :)






Coming back into the house, I had to take a picture of our lights shining through the windows. Seeing this reminded me of one of my favorite childhood books "Hush, Hush, It's Sleepytime" A great children's book!



Here's a couple of photos I forgot to post earlier in the week. The first is of our butterfly hatch. We had raised 5 caterpillars to be butterflies and this is one of the first ones leaving:


Isn't he a cute"little explorer":

How do you work these things?

I see people

1 comment:

Annette said...

I didnt know you guys were doing the butterflies!!! Ive been thinking of doing that here or maybe an ant farm!!