Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Another year....







My "baby" turns 7 years old today. I cannot believe it. I will blink my eyes and he will be a teenager. Where does the time go? My children's birthdays make me happy and sad all at the same time. Happy because I love birthdays and making them feel special, but sad because I know we are one step closer to them being grown. Having to let go is one of the hardest parts of parenting. To love someone so completely, so strongly, to worry so much and then to know you have to "set them free" to live their life. I cannot imagine the day.

Oh, OK, enough of the melancholy...Here's the funny exchange I had with Collin last evening:

Collin: "Why does the kitty have scratchers?"

Me: "He has claws because he needs them to help him catch birds and mice"

Collin: "Why?"

Me: "Because they like to eat birds and mice."

Collin: "Why? Because they are hungry?"

I laughed out loud. How could you not? How their minds think and process things is amazing to me.
Ok, Here's another one. See if you can figure out what he is referring to...

"Mommy, where's your job?"

No, not to the physical place where I work, Collin calls a wrist watch a job. I guess because he sees me put it on the mornings to go to work, not sure, but I find that adorable as well!

I'm posting pictures of my first ever cupcake cake. I'm taking it to Tristan's school today to celebrate his birthday with his classmates.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the cupcake cake! They are so fun to make and easy. I can't believe Tristan is 7!!!

Happy Birthday Tristan! Have a great day and eat some cake!