Thursday, May 15, 2008

Take time to smell the roses (and the honeysuckle and hay)!





Yesterday morning was cold and damp and when it was time to go to the bus, I just wanted to hop in the van and drive Tristan to the end of the driveway as we often do on cold or rainy mornings. However, Tristan insisted on walking. I grumbled as I was tired and it would have been so much easier to drive. In this walk, I learned an important lesson. Our children often make us take time to "smell the roses." Had I not taken this walk, I would not have noticed the beauty that God had set before us that morning. The hay bales in the field in the morning sun and the smell of honeysuckle (one of my favorites). I grabbed the camera and took a picture of each to remind me of what we might miss each day if we are not careful.

The funny of the day:
What I never heard before becoming a mom:

"Come and look at my green stinky!"

From who, you guessed it, Collin last night!




No comments: