Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Safari Adventure
















On Saturday, we had the van all loaded and Annette called to say that they heard on the news that the zoo was closed. Closed? It is usually only closed 1 day a year, this could not be! Yup, as they say "the best laid plans..." So, we quickly had to come up with Option B. Annette then suggested the Safari Park . I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. We had an absolute blast. First, we rode the horse drawn wagon, then later in the day, went through in our cars. I laughed so hard I cried and my stomach literally hurt at the end of the day. It is so amazing to see the animals up so close and personal. Collin's favorites were the pot bellied pigs. On our drive, Auntie had to stop at every pig so that Collin could feed them. Of course the funniest part to me was two very large, very hairy animals who stuck their heads in Carolyn's window and didn't want to leave! I'll post their pictures here as well. I was a little freaked out by the ostrichs and Carolyn took full advantage by shaking her bucket in front of me so they'd come up close and personal to me. Take a look at these funny shots of Collin feeding an Ostrich from the back seat. Doesn't his face just say "Don't eat me?"!

The babies had a great time as well. Every animal is a cat or "at" as Dalton calls them. He became very excited by the clydesdale type horses who drew the wagons. He kept yelling "At, At." When we finally got up close, he decided that cat was a bit larger than he imagined and drew back.

There were way too many funny moments to write about---Katie's hand being swallowed and then spit out by a cow, majorly bad breath and spit up from the hairy cow beasts, the zebras who tried to rob the feed buckets...these and so many more....We all left the place saying "this was way better than the zoo."

No comments: