Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Life is about change

The one thing I've come to learn (and I hope my children can learn earlier than I did) is that life is about change. Just when you get comfortable, the winds will shift and you will find yourself on new unfamiliar ground. This is one of those times. Our daycare provider told me yesterday that July 3rd will be her last day with us. I have two weeks once again to find childcare for our children. How do you find someone who will love the children, care for them, someone you can trust? Please pray for our family as we go through this difficult time of deciding what is best for our family. I hope the scripture I read this morning will help you today as it helped me:



Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28


God doesn't promise us a life of ease, but we do get to share our yoke or our burdens with him. That is what gets me through times like these. For if I had to rely on my own strength, I could not make it very far.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Sometimes change can be good :)