Saturday, October 4, 2008

Life with Boys

Last Saturday the boys went to a birthday party at a local park. We were blessed because the rains of the morning had stopped so they got to play and have fun. Here are some shots of just how much fun they had. Three days later their shoes had not dried yet :)








Last Saturday night Jim and I went on our first date in months, possibly even a year. Where did we go you ask? Why what else would a woman of a household of 5 male species go? A Sportsmen's banquet. I really did enjoy it though (I know, scary :)). Hank Parker, Sr. was the speaker. He gave an incredible testimony. It was very uplifting to hear about how he came from such a difficult childhood and managed to overcome so many obstacles to become the man he is today.

Life changed for him when his dad put down the bottle the day his dad was saved. His dad's main focus then became his son's salvation. He got his wish on the day of his funeral when Hank Parker and his brother accepted Christ. His dad had told a friend that if it would take God taking his own life to save his sons, then so be it. I connected with Hank's story as a child of recovered alcoholics. I too was saved as a result of my mom's death. As a parent I know the love you feel for your children and know that both his dad and my mom must be rejoicing with the angels.


No comments: